At the close in Istanbul, the BIST 100 added 0.99%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the BIST 100 were SASA Polyester Sanayi AS (IS: SASA ), which rose 7.35% or 0.540 points to trade at 7.890 at the close. Turkiye Halk Bankasi (IS: HALKB ) added 6.53% or 0.58 points to end at 9.46 and Gozde Girisim Sermayesi Yatirim Ortakligi AS (IS: GOZDE ) was up 6.17% or 0.290 points to 4.990 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Alarko Holding AS (IS: ALARK ), which lost 9.96% or 0.760 points to trade at 6.870 in late trade. Ipek Dogal Enerji Kaynaklari Arastirma ve Uretim AS (IS: IPEKE ) declined 2.73% or 0.130 points to end at 4.630 and Anadolu Cam Sanayi AS (IS: ANACM ) shed 2.45% or 0.060 points to 2.390.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 211 to 128 and 63 ended unchanged on the Istanbul Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was down 0.88% or 11.20 to $1266.50 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in January rose 0.03% or 0.02 to hit $57.49 a barrel, while the February Brent oil contract rose 0.27% or 0.17 to trade at $62.62 a barrel.
USD/TRY was down 0.66% to 3.8452, while EUR/TRY fell 1.00% to 4.5487.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.30% at 93.33.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.