At the close in Istanbul, the BIST 100 rose 0.82%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the BIST 100 were Soda Sanayi AS (IS: SODA ), which rose 6.80% or 0.380 points to trade at 5.970 at the close. Turk Hava Yollari AO (IS: THYAO ) added 4.45% or 0.600 points to end at 14.070 and Koc Holding AS (IS: KCHOL ) was up 4.34% or 0.61 points to 14.66 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Yatas Yatak ve Yorgan Sanayi Ticaret AS (IS: YATAS ), which lost 6.27% or 1.300 points to trade at 19.420 in late trade. Ihlas Holding AS (IS: IHLAS ) declined 5.71% or 0.020 points to end at 0.330 and ICBC Turkey Bank AS (IS: ICBCT ) shed 4.37% or 0.210 points to 4.600.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 213 to 148 and 47 ended unchanged on the Istanbul Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was up 0.21% or 2.80 to $1305.50 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in July rose 0.64% or 0.42 to hit $66.16 a barrel, while the August Brent oil contract rose 0.08% or 0.06 to trade at $76.52 a barrel.
USD/TRY was up 1.09% to 4.5203, while EUR/TRY rose 1.43% to 5.3353.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.06% at 93.49.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.