At the close in Istanbul, the BIST 100 added 0.53%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the BIST 100 were Metro Ticari ve Mali Yatirimlar Holding AS (IS: METRO ), which rose 8.08% or 0.080 points to trade at 1.070 at the close. SASA Polyester Sanayi AS (IS: SASA ) added 7.72% or 0.680 points to end at 9.490 and Koc Holding AS (IS: KCHOL ) was up 4.14% or 0.55 points to 13.84 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Gozde Girisim Sermayesi Yatirim Ortakligi AS (IS: GOZDE ), which lost 5.28% or 0.190 points to trade at 3.410 in late trade. Kardemir Karabuk Demir Celik Sanayi ve Ticaret AS Class D (IS: KRDMD ) declined 4.84% or 0.250 points to end at 4.910 and Ihlas Holding AS (IS: IHLAS ) shed 2.86% or 0.010 points to 0.340.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 178 to 168 and 59 ended unchanged on the Istanbul Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was up 0.13% or 1.70 to $1291.10 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in June fell 0.29% or 0.21 to hit $71.28 a barrel, while the July Brent oil contract fell 0.58% or 0.46 to trade at $78.84 a barrel.
USD/TRY was up 0.73% to 4.4930, while EUR/TRY rose 0.57% to 5.2930.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.15% at 93.53.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.