At the close in Istanbul, the BIST 100 rose 0.42%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the BIST 100 were Koza Anadolu Metal Madencilik Isletmeleri AS (IS: KOZAA ), which rose 6.26% or 0.360 points to trade at 6.110 at the close. Eregli Demir ve Celik Fabrikalari TAS (IS: EREGL ) added 5.81% or 0.590 points to end at 10.750 and Tekfen Holding AS (IS: TKFEN ) was up 4.49% or 0.69 points to 16.07 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Bagfas Bandirma Gubre Fabrikalari AS (IS: BAGFS ), which lost 6.95% or 0.61 points to trade at 8.17 in late trade. Gozde Girisim Sermayesi Yatirim Ortakligi AS (IS: GOZDE ) declined 6.42% or 0.290 points to end at 4.230 and Besiktas Futbol Yatirimlari Sanayi ve Ticaret AS (IS: BJKAS ) shed 4.78% or 0.140 points to 2.790.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 271 to 106 and 29 ended unchanged on the Istanbul Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was up 0.05% or 0.60 to $1307.40 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in June rose 0.12% or 0.08 to hit $67.33 a barrel, while the July Brent oil contract fell 0.31% or 0.23 to trade at $72.90 a barrel.
USD/TRY was up 1.50% to 4.1658, while EUR/TRY rose 1.30% to 4.9866.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.17% at 92.44.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.