Turkey shares higher at close of trade; BIST 100 up 0.31%
Investing.com – Turkey equities were higher at the close on Friday, as gains in the Leasing & Factoring , Information Technology and Banking sectors propelled shares higher.
At the close in Istanbul, the BIST 100 added 0.31%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the BIST 100 were Tofas Turk Otomobil Fabrikasi AS (IS: TOASO ), which rose 6.07% or 1.11 points to trade at 19.40 at the close. Soda Sanayi AS (IS: SODA ) added 3.17% or 0.220 points to end at 7.150 and Is Gayrimenkul Yatirim Ortakligi AS (IS: ISGYO ) was up 3.09% or 0.030 points to 1.000 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Global Yatirim Holding AS (IS: GLYHO ), which lost 3.87% or 0.110 points to trade at 2.730 in late trade. Anadolu Efes Biracilik ve Malt Sanayi AS (IS: AEFES ) declined 3.38% or 0.74 points to end at 21.14 and Sekerbank TAS (IS: SKBNK ) shed 2.42% or 0.030 points to 1.210.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 182 to 172 and 54 ended unchanged on the Istanbul Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was down 0.55% or 6.80 to $1223.60 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in January fell 2.08% or 1.07 to hit $50.38 a barrel, while the February Brent oil contract fell 1.97% or 1.18 to trade at $58.73 a barrel.
USD/TRY was up 1.59% to 5.2430, while EUR/TRY rose 0.83% to 5.9398.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.43% at 97.113.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or