ZURICH, May 12 (Reuters) - The following are some of the main factors expected to affect Swiss stocks on Thursday.
First-quarter operating profit fell more than analysts expected as earnings continue to lag following a merger in 2015 that created the world's biggest cement maker. more click LHN.S
It posted a 28 percent year-on-year drop in first-quarter net profit, a much smaller fall than analysts had forecast. LIFE SLHN.S
First-quarter premiums fall 10 percent in local currency to 6.7 billion Swiss francs ($6.90 billion), it said, well below market expectations. analysts polled by Reuters had, on average, expected gross written premiums to fall 3.2 percent to 7.15 billion francs. STATEMENTS CPR-CH
* Syngenta AG SYNN.S launches new biological seed treatment
* Sunrise Communications Group AG SRCG.S posts Q1 net income of 7 million Swiss francs, keeps 2016 guidance
* Switzerland's government on Wednesday settled on the final version of new too-big-to-fail (TBTF) rules, designed to protect the Swiss economy from a major banking collapse. = 0.9708 Swiss francs)
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.