ZURICH, April 8 (Reuters) - Here are some of the main factors that may affect Swiss stocks on Friday:
CREDIT SUISSE CSGN.S
Credit Suisse asked its employees not to take part in activities that could promote a particular outcome ahead of the June 23 referendum on Britain's membership of the European Union, according to a memo seen by Reuters. Credit Suisse does not intend to register with the Electoral Commission for these purposes, the bank must ensure that it does not engage in activities that are intended to promote or bring about a particular outcome in the referendum," Chief Financial Officer David Mathers and General Counsel for Global Markets in Europe Adrian Ratcliffe said in the memo.
For more click on CSGN.S
COMPANY STATEMENTS CPR-CH
* Novartis NOVN.S unit Sandoz said it had received European Commission approval for subcutaneous route of administration in biosimilar Binocrit's nephrology indication. NOVN.S
* Syngenta SYNN.S said human resources head Caroline Luscombe will leave at the end of June to take up a similar role in another company. A successor will be announced in due course, the company said. SYNN.S
* Gottex Fund Management GFMN.S said that due to an ongoing restructuring and planned recapitalization measures, the announcement of its annual audited results will be delayed and it now expects to announce results on April 29. It had originally scheduled to post earnings on April 11. GFMN.S
* Implenina IMPN.S has won two new contracts in Norway totalling around 160 million Swiss francs ($167.22 million). One is for a new 100 kilometre stretch of highway between Oslo and Norway's west coast and the other is for concrete work on a new government building, the company said on Tuesday. IMPN.S
* Leclanche LECN.S said production at its Willstaett, Germany site was stopped on Thursday after a fire broke out. No employees were hurt. "Leclanche has activated the contingency plans in place and is confident to meet all its delivery commitments to customers," the company said. LECN.S
* EMS Chemie EMSN.S expects to raise net sales and EBIT slightly above the previous year in 2016, after reporting a 5 percent net sales increase in the first quarter to 503 million francs. EMSN.S
* Unemployment in March due at 0545 GMT CHJOBL=ECI
* Consumer Price Index in March due at 0615 GMT CHCPIY=ECI
($1 = 0.9568 Swiss francs)
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.