Sweden shares higher at close of trade; OMX Stockholm 30 up 0.71%
Investing.com – Sweden equities were higher at the close on Tuesday, as gains in the Oil & Gas , Healthcare and Basic Materials sectors propelled shares higher.
At the close in Stockholm, the OMX Stockholm 30 added 0.71% to hit a new 1-month high.
The biggest gainers of the session on the OMX Stockholm 30 were AstraZeneca PLC (ST: AZN ), which rose 2.26% or 15.4 points to trade at 697.7 at the close. SSAB AB ser. A (ST: SSABa ) added 2.23% or 0.94 points to end at 43.02 and Investor AB ser. B (ST: INVEb ) was up 2.05% or 7.9 points to 393.5 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Tele2 AB (ST: TEL2b ), which lost 0.21% or 0.25 points to trade at 117.60 in late trade. Svenska Cellulosa SCA AB B (ST: SCAb ) declined 0.15% or 0.1 points to end at 92.1 and Telia Company AB (ST: TELIA ) shed 0.07% or 0.03 points to 43.02.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 355 to 276 and 53 ended unchanged on the Stockholm Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for September delivery was up 0.39% or 0.27 to $69.28 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in October rose 0.91% or 0.67 to hit $74.42 a barrel, while the December Gold Futures contract rose 0.23% or 2.80 to trade at $1220.50 a troy ounce.
EUR/SEK was up 0.08% to 10.3355, while USD/SEK fell 0.28% to 8.9137.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.24% at 94.96.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or