Investing.com – U.S. futures were gaining traction on Thursday as the chances of a Federal Reserve rate hike look more likely.
In pre-market trading, International Speedway Corporation (NASDAQ: ISCA ) was the biggest gainer, up 9.28% as it is expected to report revenue of $128.82 million before markets open.
Biopharmaceutical company ACADIA Pharmaceuticals Inc (NASDAQ: ACAD ) jumped 7.23% after the FDA gave its dementia-related psychosis treatment a special designation as the drug awaits approval. Insurance holding company HRG Group Inc (NYSE: HRG ) increased 5.03%.
Among the biggest losers before the opening bell was Rigel Pharmaceuticals Inc (NASDAQ: RIGL ), which fell 4.69% after the company announced a share offering as it hopes to raise up to $40 million in a public offering. Titanium company Tronox Limited (NYSE: TROX ) decreased 3.158% after it also announced a share offering of $2.925 million.
In earnings, PepsiCo (NYSE: PEP ) is releasing its results today, while Bassett Furniture Industries (NASDAQ: BSET ), Constellation Brands B (NYSE: STZb ), Globus Maritime Ltd (NASDAQ: GLBS ), and Park Electrochemical Corporation (NYSE: PKE ) will release their earnings ahead of the bell.
In economic news, investors will be looking at the initial jobless claims data ahead of Friday’s jobs report. The initial jobless claims report comes out at 8:30AM ET (14:30 GMT). U.S. factory orders for August come out at 10:00 AM ET (16:00 GMT) and are expected to increase 1.0%.
Three voting members of the Federal Reserve will also speak on Thursday. Investors will be looking for any indication of the next Fed chair, as well as any indication of a rate hike in December.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.