At the close in Colombo, the CSE All-Share declined 0.18%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the CSE All-Share were Lake House Printers and Publishers PLC (CM: LPRT ), which rose 25.00% or 26.90 points to trade at 134.50 at the close. SMB Leasing PLC (CM: SEMB ) added 16.67% or 0.1000 points to end at 0.7000 and Lankem Ceylon PLC (CM: LCEY ) was up 15.58% or 6.00 points to 44.50 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Anilana Hotels & Properties Ltd (CM: ANIL ), which lost 8.33% or 0.100 points to trade at 1.100 in late trade. Browns Beach Hotels PLC (CM: BBH ) declined 8.19% or 1.40 points to end at 15.70 and Capital Alliance Finance PLC (CM: CAFL ) shed 7.81% or 3.10 points to 36.60.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 87 to 62 and 63 ended unchanged on the Colombo Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for June delivery was up 0.54% or 0.37 to $68.42 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in June rose 0.73% or 0.54 to hit $74.54 a barrel, while the June Gold Futures contract rose 0.17% or 2.30 to trade at $1325.10 a troy ounce.
GBP/LKR was up 0.05% to 219.975, while USD/LKR fell 0.03% to 157.660.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.11% at 90.93.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.