At the close in Colombo, the CSE All-Share declined 0.14% to hit a new 3-month low.
The biggest gainers of the session on the CSE All-Share were Anilana Hotels & Properties Ltd (CM: ANIL ), which rose 20.00% or 0.200 points to trade at 1.200 at the close. J L Morison Sons & Jones (Ceylon) PLC (CM: MORI ) added 15.20% or 95.00 points to end at 720.00 and Nation Lanka Finance PLC (CM: CSF ) was up 14.29% or 0.100 points to 0.800 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Capital Alliance Finance PLC (CM: CAFL ), which lost 12.45% or 5.70 points to trade at 40.10 in late trade. Tea Smallholder Factories PLC (CM: TSML ) declined 11.76% or 4.00 points to end at 30.00 and ASCOT Holdings PLC (CM: ASCO ) shed 10.00% or 3.50 points to 31.50.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 78 to 67 and 75 ended unchanged on the Colombo Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for July delivery was down 0.52% or 0.34 to $65.61 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in August fell 0.81% or 0.63 to hit $76.69 a barrel, while the August Gold Futures contract rose 0.07% or 0.90 to trade at $1303.90 a troy ounce.
GBP/LKR was down 0.08% to 213.190, while USD/LKR rose 0.08% to 159.040.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.32% at 93.73.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.