At the close in Colombo, the CSE All-Share lost 0.06%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the CSE All-Share were Adam Investments Ltd (CM: ADAM ), which rose 50.00% or 0.100 points to trade at 0.300 at the close. Amana Takaful PLC (CM: ATL ) added 25.00% or 0.200 points to end at 1.000 and Nanda Investments and Finance PLC (CM: NAND ) was up 24.91% or 13.40 points to 67.20 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Beruwala Resorts PLC (CM: BERU ), which lost 11.11% or 0.100 points to trade at 0.800 in late trade. Nuwara Eliya Hotels Co PLC (CM: NEH ) declined 10.90% or 146.80 points to end at 1200.00 and Anilana Hotels & Properties Ltd (CM: ANIL ) shed 7.69% or 0.100 points to 1.200.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 98 to 65 and 57 ended unchanged on the Colombo Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for June delivery was up 0.62% or 0.44 to $71.58 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in July rose 0.30% or 0.23 to hit $77.44 a barrel, while the June Gold Futures contract rose 0.30% or 4.00 to trade at $1317.00 a troy ounce.
GBP/LKR was up 0.26% to 214.900, while USD/LKR fell 0.04% to 157.940.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.28% at 92.69.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.