At the close in Madrid, the IBEX 35 declined 2.75% to hit a new 1-month low.
The biggest gainers of the session on the IBEX 35 were Merlin Properties SA (MC: MRL ), which rose 0.54% or 0.06 points to trade at 11.10 at the close. Aena SME SA (MC: AENA ) added 0.25% or 0.35 points to end at 140.50 and Inmobiliaria Colonial SA (MC: COL ) was down 0.06% or 0.005 points to 8.540 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Distribuidora Intl de Aliment (MC: DIDA ), which lost 9.37% or 0.056 points to trade at 0.540 in late trade. ArcelorMittal SA (MC: MTS ) declined 5.97% or 1.202 points to end at 18.928 and Cie Automotive (MC: CIEA ) shed 5.87% or 1.280 points to 20.540.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 143 to 23 and 22 ended unchanged on the Madrid Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was up 0.27% or 3.30 to $1245.90 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in January fell 3.33% or 1.76 to hit $51.13 a barrel, while the February Brent oil contract fell 3.44% or 2.12 to trade at $59.44 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.38% to 1.1387, while EUR/GBP fell 0.06% to 0.8904.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.34% at 96.678.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.