At the close in Madrid, the IBEX 35 declined 1.78%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the IBEX 35 were Cellnex Telecom SA (MC: CLNX ), which rose 0.68% or 0.15 points to trade at 22.27 at the close. Red Electrica Corporacion SA (MC: REE ) added 0.36% or 0.065 points to end at 17.980 and Acciona (MC: ANA ) was down 0.14% or 0.100 points to 71.900 in late trade.
Biggest losers included ArcelorMittal SA (MC: MTS ), which lost 4.90% or 1.340 points to trade at 26.000 in late trade. International Consolidated Airlines Group SA (MC: ICAG ) declined 4.51% or 0.374 points to end at 7.914 and Melia Hotels (MC: MEL ) shed 3.51% or 0.430 points to 11.830.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 146 to 34 and 21 ended unchanged on the Madrid Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was down 0.25% or 3.20 to $1267.50 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in August fell 0.57% or 0.39 to hit $68.19 a barrel, while the September Brent oil contract fell 1.59% or 1.20 to trade at $74.12 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.34% to 1.1694, while EUR/GBP rose 0.30% to 0.8814.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.17% at 94.03.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.