At the close in Madrid, the IBEX 35 declined 0.59%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the IBEX 35 were Red Electrica Corporacion SA (MC: REE ), which rose 1.24% or 0.230 points to trade at 18.730 at the close. BBVA (MC: BBVA ) added 1.01% or 0.052 points to end at 5.215 and Acciona (MC: ANA ) was up 0.94% or 0.720 points to 77.560 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Grifols SA (MC: GRLS ), which lost 4.22% or 1.010 points to trade at 22.940 in late trade. Amadeus IT (MC: AMA ) declined 3.73% or 2.920 points to end at 75.360 and Cie Automotive (MC: CIEA ) shed 3.15% or 0.800 points to 24.600.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 118 to 65 and 19 ended unchanged on the Madrid Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was down 1.31% or 15.80 to $1189.80 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in November fell 0.67% or 0.50 to hit $73.84 a barrel, while the December Brent oil contract fell 0.95% or 0.80 to trade at $83.36 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.40% to 1.1478, while EUR/GBP rose 0.06% to 0.8784.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.21% at 95.51.
Add Chart to Comment
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Only English comments will be allowed.