At the close in Madrid, the IBEX 35 declined 0.50%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the IBEX 35 were Grifols SA (MC: GRLS ), which rose 3.42% or 0.790 points to trade at 23.880 at the close. Caixabank SA (MC: CABK ) added 1.84% or 0.071 points to end at 3.920 and Bankinter (MC: BKT ) was up 1.71% or 0.138 points to 8.200 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Inmobiliaria Colonial SA (MC: COL ), which lost 3.35% or 0.300 points to trade at 8.660 in late trade. Acciona (MC: ANA ) declined 3.29% or 2.580 points to end at 75.760 and International Consolidated Airlines Group SA (MC: ICAG ) shed 2.71% or 0.194 points to 6.972.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 119 to 59 and 23 ended unchanged on the Madrid Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was down 0.10% or 1.20 to $1201.70 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in November fell 2.39% or 1.83 to hit $74.58 a barrel, while the December Brent oil contract fell 1.65% or 1.42 to trade at $84.87 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.23% to 1.1503, while EUR/GBP fell 0.33% to 0.8841.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.20% at 95.48.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.