At the close in Madrid, the IBEX 35 gained 2.52%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the IBEX 35 were ArcelorMittal SA (MC: MTS ), which rose 6.30% or 1.092 points to trade at 18.412 at the close. Cie Automotive (MC: CIEA ) added 6.15% or 1.280 points to end at 22.080 and ENCE (MC: ENC ) was up 6.01% or 0.320 points to 5.640 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Red Electrica Corporacion SA (MC: REE ), which lost 0.03% or 0.005 points to trade at 19.530 in late trade. Enagas (MC: ENAG ) added 0.21% or 0.050 points to end at 24.380 and Endesa SA (MC: ELE ) gained 0.35% or 0.070 points to 20.200.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 152 to 28 and 11 ended unchanged on the Madrid Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was down 0.61% or 7.90 to $1286.90 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in February rose 1.81% or 0.85 to hit $47.94 a barrel, while the March Brent oil contract rose 1.89% or 1.06 to trade at $57.01 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.09% to 1.1402, while EUR/GBP fell 0.65% to 0.8959.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.14% at 95.748.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.