At the close in Madrid, the IBEX 35 rose 0.71% to hit a new 1-month high.
The biggest gainers of the session on the IBEX 35 were B. Sabadell (MC: SABE ), which rose 4.80% or 0.049 points to trade at 1.070 at the close. Cie Automotive (MC: CIEA ) added 3.85% or 0.880 points to end at 23.740 and International Consolidated Airlines Group SA (MC: ICAG ) was up 3.75% or 0.250 points to 6.924 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Red Electrica Corporacion SA (MC: REE ), which lost 2.13% or 0.420 points to trade at 19.275 in late trade. Enagas (MC: ENAG ) declined 1.71% or 0.430 points to end at 24.750 and Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy SA (MC: SGREN ) shed 1.42% or 0.160 points to 11.090.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 116 to 61 and 15 ended unchanged on the Madrid Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was up 0.45% or 5.85 to $1294.25 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in February fell 0.59% or 0.31 to hit $51.80 a barrel, while the March Brent oil contract rose 0.07% or 0.04 to trade at $60.68 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 0.11% to 1.1401, while EUR/GBP fell 0.02% to 0.8870.
The US Dollar Index Futures was unchanged 0.00% at 95.675.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.