At the close in Madrid, the IBEX 35 gained 0.59%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the IBEX 35 were Distribuidora Intl de Aliment (MC: DIDA ), which rose 4.81% or 0.129 points to trade at 2.813 at the close. Tecnicas Reunidas (MC: TRE ) added 2.89% or 0.730 points to end at 26.000 and Mediaset ESP (MC: TL5 ) was up 2.48% or 0.192 points to 7.938 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Bankia SA (MC: BKIA ), which lost 2.02% or 0.070 points to trade at 3.388 in late trade. Bankinter (MC: BKT ) declined 1.79% or 0.158 points to end at 8.678 and Caixabank SA (MC: CABK ) shed 1.76% or 0.069 points to 3.860.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 118 to 73 and 17 ended unchanged on the Madrid Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was up 0.46% or 6.00 to $1307.30 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in July unchanged 0.00% or 0.00 to hit $66.64 a barrel, while the August Brent oil contract fell 0.89% or 0.68 to trade at $76.06 a barrel.
EUR/USD was down 1.42% to 1.1623, while EUR/GBP fell 0.77% to 0.8748.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 1.07% at 94.56.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.