Investing.com – Spain equities were higher at the close on Wednesday, as gains in the Financial Services & Real Estate , Building & Construction and Chemical, Petroleum & Plastic sectors propelled shares higher.
At the close in Madrid, the IBEX 35 gained 0.54% to hit a new 1-month high.
The biggest gainers of the session on the IBEX 35 were Distribuidora Intl de Aliment (MC: DIDA ), which rose 4.99% or 0.178 points to trade at 3.746 at the close. ArcelorMittal SA (MC: MTS ) added 4.14% or 1.120 points to end at 28.170 and Acerinox (MC: ACX ) was up 3.58% or 0.420 points to 12.140 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Viscofan (MC: VIS ), which lost 1.67% or 0.950 points to trade at 55.800 in late trade. Grifols SA (MC: GRLS ) declined 1.66% or 0.390 points to end at 23.100 and Red Electrica Corporacion SA (MC: REE ) shed 1.29% or 0.215 points to 16.455.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 120 to 62 and 22 ended unchanged on the Madrid Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was up 0.37% or 5.00 to $1354.50 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in May rose 1.76% or 1.17 to hit $67.69 a barrel, while the June Brent oil contract rose 1.49% or 1.07 to trade at $72.65 a barrel.
EUR/USD was up 0.13% to 1.2386, while EUR/GBP rose 0.57% to 0.8708.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.08% at 89.29.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.