At the close in Moscow, the MOEX Russia added 1.29% to hit a new all time high.
The best performers of the session on the MOEX Russia were Gazprom PAO (MCX: GAZP ), which rose 5.44% or 12.67 points to trade at 245.50 at the close. Meanwhile, Inter rao ees (MCX: IRAO ) added 3.86% or 0.1750 points to end at 4.7040 and Yandex NV (MCX: YNDX ) was up 3.20% or 77.00 points to 2482.40 in late trade.
The worst performers of the session were NPK OVK PAO (MCX: UWGN ), which fell 3.86% or 16.1 points to trade at 400.9 at the close. Polymetal International PLC (MCX: POLY ) declined 2.59% or 20.80 points to end at 782.00 and NOVATEK (MCX: NVTK ) was down 2.41% or 32.20 points to 1305.20.
Rising stocks outnumbered declining ones on the Moscow Stock Exchange by 121 to 111 and 8 ended unchanged.
Shares in Gazprom PAO (MCX: GAZP ) rose to 5-year highs; gaining 5.44% or 12.67 to 245.50.
The Russian VIX , which measures the implied volatility of MOEX Russia options, was down 2.24% to 20.030 a new 1-month low.
Gold Futures for August delivery was down 1.72% or 24.35 to $1389.35 a troy ounce. Elsewhere in commodities trading, Crude oil for delivery in August rose 0.34% or 0.20 to hit $58.67 a barrel, while the September Brent oil contract rose 0.11% or 0.07 to trade at $64.81 a barrel.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.71% at 96.347.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.