At the close in Moscow, the MOEX Russia declined 1.40%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the MOEX Russia were NPK OVK PAO (MCX: UWGN ), which rose 2.80% or 21.0 points to trade at 770.0 at the close. Moskovskiy Kreditnyi Bank OAO (MCX: CBOM ) added 1.54% or 0.070 points to end at 4.605 and ALROSA ao (MCX: ALRS ) was up 1.35% or 1.180 points to 88.700 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Inter rao ees (MCX: IRAO ), which lost 4.87% or 0.1955 points to trade at 3.8200 in late trade. United Company Rusal Plc (MCX: RUAL ) declined 4.10% or 1.230 points to end at 28.770 and Yandex NV (MCX: YNDX ) shed 3.93% or 87.00 points to 2128.00.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 132 to 76 and 18 ended unchanged on the Moscow Stock Exchange.
The Russian VIX , which measures the implied volatility of MOEX Russia options, was up 1.20% to 26.090.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was up 0.68% or 8.90 to $1314.50 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in June rose 0.10% or 0.07 to hit $68.00 a barrel, while the July Brent oil contract rose 0.25% or 0.18 to trade at $73.54 a barrel.
USD/RUB was down 1.27% to 63.1981, while EUR/RUB fell 1.00% to 75.7050.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.31% at 92.30.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.