At the close in Moscow, the MOEX Russia declined 0.37%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the MOEX Russia were NPK OVK PAO (MCX: UWGN ), which rose 4.09% or 16.0 points to trade at 407.0 at the close. X5 Retail Group NV (MCX: FIVEDR ) added 3.80% or 63.0 points to end at 1719.5 and Sberbank Rossii PAO (MCX: SBER ) was up 2.36% or 4.30 points to 186.60 in late trade.
Biggest losers included MMK (MCX: MAGN ), which lost 4.05% or 1.805 points to trade at 42.750 in late trade. Lukoil (MCX: LKOH ) declined 3.43% or 175.0 points to end at 4925.0 and SG mechel (MCX: MTLR ) shed 1.77% or 1.45 points to 80.70.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 130 to 83 and 17 ended unchanged on the Moscow Stock Exchange.
The Russian VIX , which measures the implied volatility of MOEX Russia options, was up 3.83% to 27.630.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was up 0.02% or 0.30 to $1252.10 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in February fell 5.36% or 2.69 to hit $47.51 a barrel, while the February Brent oil contract fell 4.18% or 2.49 to trade at $57.12 a barrel.
USD/RUB was up 0.33% to 66.9968, while EUR/RUB rose 0.53% to 76.1717.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.08% at 96.472.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.