Russia shares lower at close of trade; MOEX Russia down 0.13%
Investing.com – Russia equities were lower at the close on Tuesday, as losses in the Power , Mining and Telecoms sectors propelled shares lower.
At the close in Moscow, the MOEX Russia declined 0.13% to hit a new 1-month low.
The biggest gainers of the session on the MOEX Russia were NOVATEK (MCX: NVTK ), which rose 3.13% or 32.90 points to trade at 1084.00 at the close. Lukoil (MCX: LKOH ) added 2.06% or 96.5 points to end at 4770.0 and Sberbank Rossii OAO Pref (MCX: SBER_p ) was up 1.33% or 2.09 points to 158.69 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Inter rao ees (MCX: IRAO ), which lost 3.62% or 0.1400 points to trade at 3.7300 in late trade. Severstal - ao (MCX: CHMF ) declined 3.38% or 35.60 points to end at 1018.90 and Rosseti ao (MCX: RSTI ) shed 3.23% or 0.0236 points to 0.7070.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 138 to 69 and 21 ended unchanged on the Moscow Stock Exchange.
The Russian VIX , which measures the implied volatility of MOEX Russia options, was up 0.26% to 30.270.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 1.10% or 13.40 to $1234.60 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in December fell 4.42% or 3.06 to hit $66.11 a barrel, while the December Brent oil contract fell 4.47% or 3.57 to trade at $76.26 a barrel.
USD/RUB was up 0.64% to 65.6564, while EUR/RUB rose 0.77% to 75.3600.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.13% at 95.62.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or