At the close in Moscow, the MOEX Russia lost 0.11%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the MOEX Russia were FSK EES (MCX: FEES ), which rose 2.51% or 0.0039 points to trade at 0.1579 at the close. Lukoil (MCX: LKOH ) added 1.81% or 93.5 points to end at 5267.0 and Aeroflot (MCX: AFLT ) was up 1.68% or 1.70 points to 102.72 in late trade.
Biggest losers included NK RussNeft PAO (MCX: RNFT ), which lost 3.67% or 20.0 points to trade at 524.8 in late trade. Polyus OAO (MCX: PLZL ) declined 3.01% or 151.0 points to end at 4873.5 and United Company Rusal Plc (MCX: RUAL ) shed 2.72% or 0.770 points to 27.530.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 122 to 87 and 23 ended unchanged on the Moscow Stock Exchange.
The Russian VIX , which measures the implied volatility of MOEX Russia options, was up 0.04% to 27.180.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was down 0.10% or 1.20 to $1248.20 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in January rose 2.31% or 1.18 to hit $52.18 a barrel, while the February Brent oil contract rose 1.28% or 0.77 to trade at $60.74 a barrel.
USD/RUB was down 0.26% to 66.4817, while EUR/RUB fell 0.56% to 75.2525.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.26% at 97.440.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.