At the close in Moscow, the MOEX Russia gained 1.21% to hit a new all time high.
The biggest gainers of the session on the MOEX Russia were NOVATEK (MCX: NVTK ), which rose 6.12% or 65.70 points to trade at 1139.80 at the close. United Company Rusal Plc (MCX: RUAL ) added 3.13% or 0.840 points to end at 27.640 and Rosseti ao (MCX: RSTI ) was up 3.11% or 0.0218 points to 0.7236 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Ros Agro PLC (MCX: AGRODR ), which lost 1.78% or 12 points to trade at 688 in late trade. GidroOGK-011D (MCX: HYDR ) declined 1.66% or 0.0104 points to end at 0.6153 and FSK EES (MCX: FEES ) shed 1.26% or 0.0021 points to 0.1648.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 121 to 73 and 29 ended unchanged on the Moscow Stock Exchange.
The Russian VIX , which measures the implied volatility of MOEX Russia options, was up 0.63% to 27.150.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was down 0.20% or 2.40 to $1203.40 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in November rose 1.15% or 0.79 to hit $69.47 a barrel, while the November Brent oil contract rose 1.08% or 0.84 to trade at $78.89 a barrel.
USD/RUB was down 0.95% to 67.4198, while EUR/RUB fell 1.01% to 78.6951.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.07% at 94.16.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.