At the close in Warsaw, the WIG30 declined 0.45%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the WIG30 were Play Communications SA (WA: PLY ), which rose 7.02% or 1.25 points to trade at 19.06 at the close. Gornictwo Naftowe i Gazownictwo SA (WA: PGN ) added 3.09% or 0.21 points to end at 7.00 and OrangePL (WA: OPL ) was up 1.05% or 0.05 points to 4.82 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Grupa Azoty SA (WA: ATTP ), which lost 4.61% or 1.52 points to trade at 31.48 in late trade. mBank (WA: MBK ) declined 2.98% or 12.80 points to end at 416.20 and Grupa Lotos SA (WA: LTSP ) shed 2.14% or 1.80 points to 82.34.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 231 to 219 and 177 ended unchanged on the Warsaw Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for January delivery was up 4.19% or 2.16 to $53.65 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in February rose 4.40% or 2.64 to hit $62.70 a barrel, while the February Gold Futures contract rose 0.53% or 6.60 to trade at $1250.20 a troy ounce.
EUR/PLN was up 0.25% to 4.2911, while USD/PLN rose 0.16% to 3.7686.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.08% at 96.688.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.