At the close in Philippines, the PSEi Composite declined 2.17%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the PSEi Composite were Jollibee Foods Corp (PS: JFC ), which rose 1.12% or 3.00 points to trade at 270.00 at the close. LT Group Inc (PS: LTG ) added 1.04% or 0.180 points to end at 17.460 and Energy Development Corp (PS: EDC ) was up 0.14% or 0.010 points to 7.000 in late trade.
Biggest losers included JG Summit Holdings Inc (PS: JGS ), which lost 6.84% or 4.000 points to trade at 54.500 in late trade. DMCI Holdings Inc (PS: DMC ) declined 3.72% or 0.460 points to end at 11.920 and Manila Electric Co (PS: MER ) shed 3.48% or 12.80 points to 355.40.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 139 to 57 and 39 ended unchanged on the Philippines Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was down 0.57% or 6.90 to $1212.10 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in September fell 0.28% or 0.19 to hit $67.44 a barrel, while the October Brent oil contract fell 0.30% or 0.22 to trade at $72.59 a barrel.
CNY/PHP was down 0.30% to 7.7495, while USD/PHP rose 0.14% to 53.300.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.12% at 96.31.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.