At the close in Philippines, the PSEi Composite lost 1.12%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the PSEi Composite were JG Summit Holdings Inc (PS: JGS ), which rose 3.19% or 1.450 points to trade at 46.950 at the close. Megaworld Corp (PS: MEG ) added 1.69% or 0.070 points to end at 4.200 and Security Bank Corp (PS: SECB ) was up 1.56% or 2.20 points to 143.10 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Jollibee Foods Corp (PS: JFC ), which lost 4.58% or 12.00 points to trade at 250.00 in late trade. Globe Telecom Inc (PS: GLO ) declined 4.29% or 90.00 points to end at 2010.00 and Robinsons Retail Holdings Inc (PS: RRHI ) shed 3.75% or 3.000 points to 77.000.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 106 to 84 and 40 ended unchanged on the Philippines Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.86% or 10.50 to $1232.50 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in November rose 0.39% or 0.28 to hit $71.62 a barrel, while the December Brent oil contract rose 0.65% or 0.52 to trade at $80.95 a barrel.
CNY/PHP was down 0.17% to 7.8129, while USD/PHP fell 0.10% to 54.120.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.03% at 94.91.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.