At the close in Philippines, the PSEi Composite lost 0.83% to hit a new 3-month low.
The biggest gainers of the session on the PSEi Composite were Manila Electric Co (PS: MER ), which rose 4.14% or 14.20 points to trade at 357.20 at the close. Robinsons Land Corp (PS: RLC ) added 2.48% or 0.500 points to end at 20.700 and Puregold Price Club Inc (PS: PGOLD ) was up 1.33% or 0.550 points to 42.000 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Aboitiz Power Corp (PS: AP ), which lost 4.12% or 1.40 points to trade at 32.60 in late trade. LT Group Inc (PS: LTG ) declined 3.69% or 0.500 points to end at 13.060 and JG Summit Holdings Inc (PS: JGS ) shed 3.09% or 1.500 points to 47.000.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 136 to 56 and 49 ended unchanged on the Philippines Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was down 0.07% or 0.80 to $1190.70 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in November fell 0.35% or 0.26 to hit $74.70 a barrel, while the December Brent oil contract fell 0.29% or 0.25 to trade at $84.75 a barrel.
CNY/PHP was down 0.09% to 7.8295, while USD/PHP rose 0.05% to 54.180.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.04% at 95.40.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.