At the close in Philippines, the PSEi Composite lost 0.76% to hit a new 1-month low.
The biggest gainers of the session on the PSEi Composite were Metro Pacific Investments Corp (PS: MPI ), which rose 2.77% or 0.170 points to trade at 6.300 at the close. Jollibee Foods Corp (PS: JFC ) added 2.48% or 7.00 points to end at 289.00 and Megaworld Corp (PS: MEG ) was up 2.06% or 0.100 points to 4.950 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Aboitiz Equity Ventures Inc (PS: AEV ), which lost 4.07% or 3.050 points to trade at 71.950 in late trade. Emperador Inc (PS: EMP ) declined 3.47% or 0.270 points to end at 7.510 and Bank of the Philippine Islands (PS: BPI ) shed 3.12% or 3.80 points to 118.00.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 159 to 52 and 44 ended unchanged on the Philippines Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for April delivery was up 0.49% or 6.60 to $1343.10 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in March fell 0.67% or 0.43 to hit $63.72 a barrel, while the April Brent oil contract fell 0.75% or 0.51 to trade at $67.11 a barrel.
CNY/PHP was down 0.18% to 8.2019, while USD/PHP fell 0.02% to 51.501.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.26% at 89.34.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.