At the close in Philippines, the PSEi Composite fell 0.39%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the PSEi Composite were Energy Development Corp (PS: EDC ), which rose 41.41% or 2.050 points to trade at 7.000 at the close. Robinsons Land Corp (PS: RLC ) added 4.48% or 0.900 points to end at 21.000 and First Gen Corp (PS: FGEN ) was up 3.64% or 0.56 points to 15.96 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Jollibee Foods Corp (PS: JFC ), which lost 2.82% or 7.80 points to trade at 269.00 in late trade. Globe Telecom Inc (PS: GLO ) declined 2.42% or 49.00 points to end at 1975.00 and Metro Pacific Investments Corp (PS: MPI ) shed 1.77% or 0.090 points to 4.990.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 119 to 90 and 33 ended unchanged on the Philippines Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was down 0.14% or 1.70 to $1219.30 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in September unchanged 0.00% or 0.00 to hit $66.94 a barrel, while the October Brent oil contract unchanged 0.00% or 0.00 to trade at $72.28 a barrel.
CNY/PHP was up 0.12% to 7.7741, while USD/PHP fell 0.08% to 53.026.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.20% at 95.14.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.