At the close in Philippines, the PSEi Composite lost 0.17%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the PSEi Composite were First Gen Corp (PS: FGEN ), which rose 6.10% or 0.98 points to trade at 17.04 at the close. Metro Pacific Investments Corp (PS: MPI ) added 3.16% or 0.160 points to end at 5.220 and San Miguel Corp (PS: SMC ) was up 2.95% or 4.90 points to 171.00 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Aboitiz Equity Ventures Inc (PS: AEV ), which lost 2.78% or 1.500 points to trade at 52.500 in late trade. Manila Electric Co (PS: MER ) declined 2.32% or 8.80 points to end at 371.20 and Security Bank Corp (PS: SECB ) shed 1.72% or 3.50 points to 199.90.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 112 to 79 and 51 ended unchanged on the Philippines Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was down 0.41% or 5.00 to $1209.40 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in October fell 0.04% or 0.03 to hit $68.50 a barrel, while the November Brent oil contract fell 0.08% or 0.06 to trade at $76.23 a barrel.
CNY/PHP was down 0.07% to 7.8320, while USD/PHP rose 0.22% to 53.465.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.13% at 94.75.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.