At the close in Philippines, the PSEi Composite fell 0.17% to hit a new 52-week low.
The biggest gainers of the session on the PSEi Composite were Globe Telecom Inc (PS: GLO ), which rose 7.12% or 105.00 points to trade at 1580.00 at the close. Ayala Corp (PS: AC ) added 1.42% or 13.00 points to end at 929.00 and Metro Pacific Investments Corp (PS: MPI ) was up 1.37% or 0.070 points to 5.170 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Semirara Mining Corp (PS: SCC ), which lost 5.15% or 1.50 points to trade at 27.65 in late trade. DMCI Holdings Inc (PS: DMC ) declined 4.63% or 0.500 points to end at 10.300 and LT Group Inc (PS: LTG ) shed 3.65% or 0.800 points to 21.100.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 92 to 89 and 46 ended unchanged on the Philippines Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was down 0.13% or 1.70 to $1313.00 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in June rose 0.96% or 0.67 to hit $70.39 a barrel, while the July Brent oil contract rose 0.84% or 0.63 to trade at $75.50 a barrel.
CNY/PHP was up 0.33% to 8.1518, while USD/PHP rose 0.36% to 51.880.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.19% at 92.60.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.