At the close in Philippines, the PSEi Composite rose 0.10% to hit a new 6-month high.
The biggest gainers of the session on the PSEi Composite were GT Capital Holdings Inc (PS: GTCAP ), which rose 2.20% or 27.00 points to trade at 1257.00 at the close. Emperador Inc (PS: EMP ) added 1.90% or 0.140 points to end at 7.500 and Security Bank Corp (PS: SECB ) was up 1.75% or 4.00 points to 232.00 in late trade.
Biggest losers included International Container Terminal Services Inc (PS: ICT ), which lost 2.66% or 2.900 points to trade at 106.000 in late trade. Ayala Land Inc (PS: ALI ) declined 1.48% or 0.650 points to end at 43.300 and Metro Pacific Investments Corp (PS: MPI ) shed 1.16% or 0.080 points to 6.800.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 115 to 94 and 53 ended unchanged on the Philippines Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was up 1.02% or 12.78 to $1262.18 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in September fell 0.27% or 0.13 to hit $48.62 a barrel, while the September Brent oil contract fell 0.27% or 0.14 to trade at $50.83 a barrel.
CNY/PHP was up 0.14% to 7.5072, while USD/PHP fell 0.16% to 50.560.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.08% at 93.36.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.