At the close in Philippines, the PSEi Composite gained 2.41%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the PSEi Composite were DMCI Holdings Inc (PS: DMC ), which rose 6.86% or 0.700 points to trade at 10.900 at the close. Robinsons Land Corp (PS: RLC ) added 6.04% or 1.100 points to end at 19.320 and SM Prime Holdings Inc (PS: SMPH ) was up 5.34% or 1.800 points to 35.500 in late trade.
Biggest losers included International Container Terminal Services Inc (PS: ICT ), which lost 2.50% or 2.000 points to trade at 78.000 in late trade. GT Capital Holdings Inc (PS: GTCAP ) declined 1.61% or 14.50 points to end at 885.00 and LT Group Inc (PS: LTG ) shed 1.27% or 0.240 points to 18.700.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 101 to 94 and 43 ended unchanged on the Philippines Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was down 0.09% or 1.10 to $1258.80 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in August rose 0.13% or 0.09 to hit $70.62 a barrel, while the September Brent oil contract rose 0.22% or 0.17 to trade at $76.31 a barrel.
CNY/PHP was down 0.73% to 8.0983, while USD/PHP fell 0.22% to 53.544.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.11% at 94.46.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.