At the close in Philippines, the PSEi Composite gained 1.78%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the PSEi Composite were Aboitiz Equity Ventures Inc (PS: AEV ), which rose 9.00% or 5.200 points to trade at 63.000 at the close. SM Investments Corp (PS: SM ) added 4.44% or 38.50 points to end at 906.50 and Bank of the Philippine Islands (PS: BPI ) was up 4.21% or 4.00 points to 99.00 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Robinsons Land Corp (PS: RLC ), which lost 6.12% or 1.350 points to trade at 20.700 in late trade. Globe Telecom Inc (PS: GLO ) declined 2.04% or 33.00 points to end at 1583.00 and Alliance Global Group Inc (PS: AGI ) shed 1.80% or 0.240 points to 13.060.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 100 to 89 and 46 ended unchanged on the Philippines Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was down 0.08% or 1.00 to $1299.10 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in July rose 0.22% or 0.15 to hit $67.19 a barrel, while the August Brent oil contract rose 0.14% or 0.11 to trade at $77.67 a barrel.
CNY/PHP was up 0.09% to 8.1944, while USD/PHP rose 0.03% to 52.578.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.09% at 94.03.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.