At the close in Philippines, the PSEi Composite gained 0.94%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the PSEi Composite were Aboitiz Equity Ventures Inc (PS: AEV ), which rose 4.36% or 3.000 points to trade at 71.800 at the close. Megaworld Corp (PS: MEG ) added 1.98% or 0.110 points to end at 5.660 and Aboitiz Power Corp (PS: AP ) was up 1.88% or 0.75 points to 40.60 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Alliance Global Group Inc (PS: AGI ), which lost 0.88% or 0.140 points to trade at 15.680 in late trade. Emperador Inc (PS: EMP ) declined 0.41% or 0.030 points to end at 7.320 and Jollibee Foods Corp (PS: JFC ) shed 0.39% or 1.00 points to 254.00.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 106 to 91 and 43 ended unchanged on the Philippines Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was down 0.18% or 2.37 to $1289.83 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in January fell 0.17% or 0.10 to hit $57.92 a barrel, while the January Brent oil contract fell 0.21% or 0.13 to trade at $63.19 a barrel.
CNY/PHP was up 0.64% to 7.6884, while USD/PHP rose 0.16% to 50.595.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.08% at 93.08.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.