At the close in Philippines, the PSEi Composite rose 0.93% to hit a new 1-month high.
The biggest gainers of the session on the PSEi Composite were LT Group Inc (PS: LTG ), which rose 5.94% or 1.040 points to trade at 18.540 at the close. International Container Terminal Services Inc (PS: ICT ) added 5.80% or 4.850 points to end at 88.400 and Aboitiz Equity Ventures Inc (PS: AEV ) was up 5.00% or 2.750 points to 57.750 in late trade.
Biggest losers included BDO Unibank Inc (PS: BDO ), which lost 2.19% or 3.00 points to trade at 134.00 in late trade. Bank of the Philippine Islands (PS: BPI ) declined 1.09% or 1.10 points to end at 99.90 and Security Bank Corp (PS: SECB ) shed 0.49% or 1.00 points to 205.00.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 98 to 89 and 56 ended unchanged on the Philippines Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was down 0.19% or 2.30 to $1220.70 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in September rose 0.98% or 0.67 to hit $69.36 a barrel, while the October Brent oil contract rose 0.28% or 0.21 to trade at $74.97 a barrel.
CNY/PHP was down 0.25% to 7.7909, while USD/PHP rose 0.06% to 53.185.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.10% at 94.38.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.