At the close in Philippines, the PSEi Composite gained 0.92%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the PSEi Composite were JG Summit Holdings Inc (PS: JGS ), which rose 4.94% or 2.550 points to trade at 54.150 at the close. International Container Terminal Services Inc (PS: ICT ) added 3.83% or 3.450 points to end at 93.500 and Jollibee Foods Corp (PS: JFC ) was up 2.97% or 8.00 points to 277.00 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Megaworld Corp (PS: MEG ), which lost 2.77% or 0.120 points to trade at 4.210 in late trade. Ayala Corp (PS: AC ) declined 2.17% or 20.00 points to end at 900.00 and LT Group Inc (PS: LTG ) shed 2.17% or 0.360 points to 16.200.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 120 to 72 and 45 ended unchanged on the Philippines Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was up 0.08% or 1.00 to $1211.90 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in October fell 1.39% or 0.98 to hit $69.39 a barrel, while the November Brent oil contract fell 0.87% or 0.69 to trade at $79.05 a barrel.
CNY/PHP was up 0.35% to 7.8989, while USD/PHP rose 0.48% to 54.103.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.06% at 94.88.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.