At the close in Philippines, the PSEi Composite rose 0.90%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the PSEi Composite were Ayala Land Inc (PS: ALI ), which rose 3.14% or 1.250 points to trade at 41.000 at the close. BDO Unibank Inc (PS: BDO ) added 3.01% or 4.00 points to end at 137.00 and Universal Robina Corp (PS: URC ) was up 2.64% or 3.60 points to 140.00 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Semirara Mining Corp (PS: SCC ), which lost 2.58% or 0.80 points to trade at 30.20 in late trade. First Gen Corp (PS: FGEN ) declined 2.31% or 0.38 points to end at 16.08 and International Container Terminal Services Inc (PS: ICT ) shed 1.95% or 1.900 points to 95.600.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 105 to 104 and 39 ended unchanged on the Philippines Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was down 0.10% or 1.30 to $1348.20 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in May rose 0.96% or 0.64 to hit $67.16 a barrel, while the June Brent oil contract rose 0.82% or 0.59 to trade at $72.17 a barrel.
CNY/PHP was down 0.02% to 8.2846, while USD/PHP rose 0.03% to 52.096.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.16% at 89.36.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.