Philippines shares higher at close of trade; PSEi Composite up 0.88%
Investing.com – Philippines equities were higher at the close on Thursday, as gains in the Mining & Oil , Holding Firms and Services sectors propelled shares higher.
At the close in Philippines, the PSEi Composite rose 0.88% to hit a new all time high.
The biggest gainers of the session on the PSEi Composite were LT Group Inc (PS: LTG ), which rose 5.78% or 1.300 points to trade at 23.800 at the close. Aboitiz Equity Ventures Inc (PS: AEV ) added 4.32% or 3.250 points to end at 78.500 and Jollibee Foods Corp (PS: JFC ) was up 3.90% or 11.00 points to 293.00 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Alliance Global Group Inc (PS: AGI ), which lost 1.25% or 0.200 points to trade at 15.800 in late trade. SM Prime Holdings Inc (PS: SMPH ) declined 1.03% or 0.400 points to end at 38.500 and Aboitiz Power Corp (PS: AP ) shed 0.84% or 0.35 points to 41.40.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 116 to 105 and 40 ended unchanged on the Philippines Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for February delivery was up 0.05% or 0.70 to $1357.00 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in March rose 1.10% or 0.72 to hit $66.33 a barrel, while the March Brent oil contract rose 0.71% or 0.50 to trade at $71.03 a barrel.
CNY/PHP was up 0.73% to 8.0317, while USD/PHP rose 0.16% to 50.858.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.02% at 89.04.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or