Philippines shares higher at close of trade; PSEi Composite up 0.63%
Investing.com – Philippines equities were higher at the close on Tuesday, as gains in the Mining & Oil , Industrials and Holding Firms sectors propelled shares higher.
At the close in Philippines, the PSEi Composite added 0.63% to hit a new 3-month high.
The biggest gainers of the session on the PSEi Composite were Semirara Mining Corp (PS: SCC ), which rose 3.21% or 0.95 points to trade at 30.50 at the close. GT Capital Holdings Inc (PS: GTCAP ) added 2.78% or 24.50 points to end at 904.50 and Alliance Global Group Inc (PS: AGI ) was up 2.65% or 0.380 points to 14.700 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Aboitiz Equity Ventures Inc (PS: AEV ), which lost 0.56% or 0.300 points to trade at 53.500 in late trade. Petron Corp (PS: PCOR ) declined 0.55% or 0.050 points to end at 8.970 and Emperador Inc (PS: EMP ) shed 0.14% or 0.010 points to 7.280.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 101 to 84 and 52 ended unchanged on the Philippines Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for December delivery was down 0.57% or 6.90 to $1199.80 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in October rose 1.29% or 0.90 to hit $70.70 a barrel, while the November Brent oil contract rose 0.77% or 0.60 to trade at $78.75 a barrel.
CNY/PHP was down 0.11% to 7.8349, while USD/PHP rose 0.10% to 53.570.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.42% at 95.47.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.
Drop an image here or Supported formats: *.jpg, *.png, *.gif up to 5mb
Drop an image here or