At the close in Philippines, the PSEi Composite rose 0.46% to hit a new 1-month high.
The biggest gainers of the session on the PSEi Composite were Jollibee Foods Corp (PS: JFC ), which rose 3.83% or 9.80 points to trade at 266.00 at the close. DMCI Holdings Inc (PS: DMC ) added 3.36% or 0.380 points to end at 11.700 and JG Summit Holdings Inc (PS: JGS ) was up 1.91% or 1.050 points to 56.000 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Megaworld Corp (PS: MEG ), which lost 3.29% or 0.160 points to trade at 4.700 in late trade. GT Capital Holdings Inc (PS: GTCAP ) declined 1.12% or 11.00 points to end at 974.00 and Metro Pacific Investments Corp (PS: MPI ) shed 1.09% or 0.050 points to 4.540.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 89 to 84 and 50 ended unchanged on the Philippines Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for August delivery was down 0.52% or 6.40 to $1219.30 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in September fell 0.32% or 0.22 to hit $69.39 a barrel, while the September Brent oil contract fell 0.34% or 0.25 to trade at $74.29 a barrel.
CNY/PHP was down 0.63% to 7.8156, while USD/PHP fell 0.16% to 53.300.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.08% at 94.65.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.