At the close in Philippines, the PSEi Composite added 0.12%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the PSEi Composite were SM Investments Corp (PS: SM ), which rose 3.17% or 30.00 points to trade at 975.00 at the close. Globe Telecom Inc (PS: GLO ) added 2.71% or 44.00 points to end at 1668.00 and International Container Terminal Services Inc (PS: ICT ) was up 2.04% or 2.000 points to 100.000 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Megaworld Corp (PS: MEG ), which lost 3.97% or 0.190 points to trade at 4.600 in late trade. Security Bank Corp (PS: SECB ) declined 2.88% or 6.80 points to end at 229.20 and Bank of the Philippine Islands (PS: BPI ) shed 2.81% or 3.14 points to 108.70.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 103 to 100 and 44 ended unchanged on the Philippines Stock Exchange.
In commodities trading, Gold Futures for June delivery was down 0.37% or 5.00 to $1341.90 a troy ounce. Meanwhile, Crude oil for delivery in May rose 0.68% or 0.43 to hit $63.44 a barrel, while the June Brent oil contract rose 0.78% or 0.53 to trade at $68.17 a barrel.
CNY/PHP was down 0.24% to 8.2849, while USD/PHP fell 0.09% to 52.070.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.16% at 89.55.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.