At the close in Lagos, the NSE 30 gained 0.20%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the NSE 30 were Nestle Nig (LAGOS: NESTLE ), which rose 3.07% or 43.00 points to trade at 1443.00 at the close. Total Nig (LAGOS: TOTAL ) added 2.30% or 4.20 points to end at 187.20 and Union Bank LG (LAGOS: UBN ) was up 2.00% or 0.10 points to 5.05 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Uacn Prop (LAGOS: UACN ), which lost 6.09% or 0.70 points to trade at 10.80 in late trade. Unilever Nig (LAGOS: UNILEVE ) declined 4.44% or 2.00 points to end at 43.00 and Wapco (LAGOS: WAPCO ) shed 0.87% or 0.20 points to 22.80.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 41 to 38 and 18 ended unchanged on the Lagos.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for November delivery was down 0.54% or 0.40 to $73.94 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in December fell 0.76% or 0.64 to hit $83.52 a barrel, while the December Gold Futures contract fell 1.33% or 16.00 to trade at $1189.60 a troy ounce.
EUR/NGN was down 0.43% to 416.460, while USD/NGN rose 0.15% to 363.060.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.22% at 95.52.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.