At the close in Amsterdam, the AEX declined 1.92% to hit a new 52-week low.
The biggest gainers of the session on the AEX were Koninklijke KPN NV (AS: KPN ), which rose 0.09% or 0.002 points to trade at 2.321 at the close. Relx PLC (AS: REL ) fell 0.06% or 0.010 points to end at 17.045 and ASML Holding NV (AS: ASML ) was down 0.24% or 0.36 points to 150.00 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Altice NV (AS: ATCA ), which lost 5.18% or 0.13 points to trade at 2.31 in late trade. Aegon NV (AS: AEGN ) declined 5.06% or 0.284 points to end at 5.332 and NN Group NV (AS: NN ) shed 4.04% or 1.59 points to 37.74.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 113 to 14 and 10 ended unchanged on the Amsterdam Stock Exchange.
The AEX Volatility , which measures the implied volatility of AEX options, was up 16.82% to 18.50 a new 6-month high.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for November delivery was down 2.20% or 1.61 to $71.56 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in December fell 2.35% or 1.95 to hit $81.14 a barrel, while the December Gold Futures contract rose 2.40% or 28.70 to trade at $1222.10 a troy ounce.
EUR/USD was up 0.48% to 1.1577, while EUR/GBP rose 0.45% to 0.8772.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.37% at 94.87.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.