At the close in Amsterdam, the AEX lost 0.75%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the AEX were Galapagos NV (AS: GLPG ), which rose 1.80% or 1.720 points to trade at 97.420 at the close. Relx PLC (AS: REL ) added 1.26% or 0.225 points to end at 18.095 and Aalberts Industries NV (AS: AALB ) was up 1.05% or 0.38 points to 36.68 in late trade.
Biggest losers included ING Groep NV (AS: INGA ), which lost 3.83% or 0.446 points to trade at 11.184 in late trade. Koninklijke KPN NV (AS: KPN ) declined 2.86% or 0.067 points to end at 2.272 and Altice NV (AS: ATCA ) shed 2.52% or 0.06 points to 2.32.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 79 to 48 and 10 ended unchanged on the Amsterdam Stock Exchange.
The AEX Volatility , which measures the implied volatility of AEX options, was up 7.48% to 12.45.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for November delivery was up 1.69% or 1.22 to $73.34 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in December rose 1.97% or 1.60 to hit $82.98 a barrel, while the December Gold Futures contract rose 0.77% or 9.10 to trade at $1196.50 a troy ounce.
EUR/USD was down 0.21% to 1.1616, while EUR/GBP unchanged 0.00% to 0.8901.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.06% at 94.67.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.