At the close in Amsterdam, the AEX fell 0.73%.
The biggest gainers of the session on the AEX were Aegon NV (AS: AEGN ), which rose 1.02% or 0.044 points to trade at 4.341 at the close. ArcelorMittal SA (AS: MT ) added 0.75% or 0.144 points to end at 19.312 and ING Groep NV (AS: INGA ) was up 0.62% or 0.061 points to 9.887 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Altice NV (AS: ATCA ), which lost 8.06% or 0.15 points to trade at 1.76 in late trade. Galapagos NV (AS: GLPG ) declined 3.82% or 3.480 points to end at 87.540 and Heineken (AS: HEIN ) shed 3.12% or 2.42 points to 75.08.
Declining stocks outnumbered rising ones by 87 to 38 and 11 ended unchanged on the Amsterdam Stock Exchange.
The AEX Volatility , which measures the implied volatility of AEX options, was up 5.29% to 17.69.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for February delivery was down 0.83% or 0.43 to $51.16 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in March fell 1.11% or 0.67 to hit $59.81 a barrel, while the February Gold Futures contract rose 0.13% or 1.65 to trade at $1291.15 a troy ounce.
EUR/USD was up 0.07% to 1.1475, while EUR/GBP fell 0.24% to 0.8905.
The US Dollar Index Futures was down 0.13% at 95.143.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.