At the close in Amsterdam, the AEX added 1.97% to hit a new 1-month high.
The biggest gainers of the session on the AEX were ASML Holding NV (AS: ASML ), which rose 3.91% or 5.38 points to trade at 142.88 at the close. ArcelorMittal SA (AS: MT ) added 3.46% or 0.670 points to end at 20.010 and ING Groep NV (AS: INGA ) was up 3.38% or 0.342 points to 10.454 in late trade.
Biggest losers included Galapagos NV (AS: GLPG ), which lost 0.86% or 0.800 points to trade at 92.180 in late trade. Gemalto (AS: GTO ) added 0.04% or 0.02 points to end at 50.70 and Wolters Kluwer (AS: WLSNc ) gained 0.26% or 0.14 points to 53.36.
Advancing stocks outnumbered falling ones by 108 to 26 and 7 ended unchanged on the Amsterdam Stock Exchange.
The AEX Volatility , which measures the implied volatility of AEX options, was down 5.83% to 14.20 a new 3-month low.
In commodities trading, Crude oil for February delivery was up 2.92% or 1.52 to $53.59 a barrel. Meanwhile, Brent oil for delivery in March rose 2.19% or 1.34 to hit $62.52 a barrel, while the February Gold Futures contract fell 0.77% or 9.95 to trade at $1282.35 a troy ounce.
EUR/USD was down 0.30% to 1.1361, while EUR/GBP rose 0.44% to 0.8810.
The US Dollar Index Futures was up 0.32% at 96.023.
Add Chart to Comment
We encourage you to use comments to engage with users, share your perspective and ask questions of authors and each other. However, in order to maintain the high level of discourse we’ve all come to value and expect, please keep the following criteria in mind:
- Enrich the conversation
- Stay focused and on track. Only post material that’s relevant to the topic being discussed.
- Be respectful. Even negative opinions can be framed positively and diplomatically.
- Use standard writing style. Include punctuation and upper and lower cases.
- NOTE: Spam and/or promotional messages and links within a comment will be removed
- Avoid profanity, slander or personal attacks directed at an author or another user.
- Don’t Monopolize the Conversation. We appreciate passion and conviction, but we also believe strongly in giving everyone a chance to air their thoughts. Therefore, in addition to civil interaction, we expect commenters to offer their opinions succinctly and thoughtfully, but not so repeatedly that others are annoyed or offended. If we receive complaints about individuals who take over a thread or forum, we reserve the right to ban them from the site, without recourse.
- Only English comments will be allowed.
Perpetrators of spam or abuse will be deleted from the site and prohibited from future registration at Investing.com’s discretion.